Home remedy for hand swelling from bee/wasp sting

Page 2 of 2

Works for me. The Democrats recommend putting the bite on you.

Neither one of ya' got the brains god gave a peanut butter sandwich.
nb
--
"Do you recognize me? No!
...cuz I don't work here"
notbob wrote:

Peanut butter is the mental giant of sandwich fixin's.

You'll see a lot of home remedies suggested but none of them work for me. For people who have a normal reaction to bee stings the best thing I've found is Burt's Bees Res-Q. It was recommended to me by a horticulturist who gets wasp stings frequently. I tried it and it works pretty well.

Uh, why?
"Politics" affects virtually every facet of daily life. The intersection of politics and home repair includes:
* Tax credits for improvements or energy-efficient appliances * Whether SawStop or similar will be mandated * What wood one can import or buy * Whether one can buy oil-based paints or phosphate-containing dishwasher detergent * Whether one can hire a day-laborer for $10/hr or must use a union laborer at significantly more * Whether our precious bodily fluids will continue to be polluted by Fluoridation * etc.
"HeyBub" <heybub NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

I was wondering the same thing, considering the fact that only one person started it...

Meat tenderizer is good for stings. Remember that. Adolf's .
Greg
On 8/1/2012 7:39 AM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

real nasty. The 1st one stung through her jeans and it wasn't really all that bad. But the 2nd one sounded similar you yours. It was on the middle of her forearm and by the next day it was swollen and red from he wrist to her elbow. It actually went down in a day or 2, luckily. The nest was out in front of the house near the road where there is a channel to direct water to a culvert. There was a slight over growth of wild grass and the nest was under this overhang. Good thing here is that some animal cleaned it out for us. I understand that skunk and other similar animals like the tasty treats and will tolerate the stings. I hope all is ok now.

They're probably hornets. Nasty bastards. They're aggressive and many are allergic to their venom. It doesn't sound like your wife is (allergic to them) or the reaction could be much worse. People carry epi pens because a single sting can be life-threatening.
I have the exact problem! Taking Benedryl and antibiotic and ice, it's been 35 hours and my whole finger remains swollen and itchy. What advice have you gotten.
mikesang on googlegroups wrote:

Actually, Hofmann's hand continued to swell up and COMPLETELY FELL OFF *four years ago* right after he posted that question.

Thanks for explaining that. The previous poster's out-of-the-blue message had me stumped.

Maybe you need a $900 Eppi pen.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

They cost that much? Arrghh! I agree though...if anyone is highly allergic, they should carry one.
Other than that, ice it ASAP. Doctor told me that bee venom breaks down after 10 minutes or so. Immediate icing will keep it localized until it does break down. Doctor also told me to take Benedryl immediately. He said that was basically what they gave you in shot form at the hospital.
My daughter was suspected allergic so I always kept Benedryl around. I'm not allergic. Last time I got stung by a wasp (about a month ago), I immediatedly iced my finger for 20 minutes. No swelling...just a little sting dot. By the next day even the dot was gone.
If you have lasting problems with bee stings, don't ask for advice here....call your doctor BEFORE you get stung again. Some ppl die quickly from the allergic reaction.

It goes away in 6 to 7 days. Suck it up. I got stung Sunday and my hand is back close to normal.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 17:39:11 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

35 hours !!!! You're dead!
Remember, if your erection lasts longer than 4 hours, get to a doctor immediately . . . . .
That includes finger erections !
Just think how much you'd have if a bee stings your dick....
On 8/27/16 10:19 AM, Bob F wrote:

The standard home remedy I have always heard from family and friends is to use Adolf's meat tenderizer on the sting site; something about it will deactivate the poisons released by the critter.
Jon
On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 13:00:40 -0600, Jon Danniken

One of my grandfathers used kerosene.
Jon Danniken posted for all of us...

Yeah, that is what I heard too, but could not remember... We used to carry some stuff in the ambulances called sting kill but I cannot recall what was in it. Never used it. If they had breathing difficulties then we went to plan B.
--
Tekkie