Home Made Dust Collector Port - Ryobi AP10/12 Planer

A few years ago I saw pictures and discussion of a shop-made dust collection fitting for a Ryobi AP-10 or AP-12 Surface planer. It was on ABPW or someone's workshop web site. It was pieced together from

2" or 4" PVC pipe with the appropriate fittings to adapt it to a dust collection system. The concept was pretty simple and similar to that used on some of the Ridgid machines. I'm trying to come up with the best way to make and attach a similar collector without butchering the plastic dust diverter/tool holder.

I have Googled every way I can think of and cannot find it. Does anyone remember this description; or better has anyone built a similar collector port?

RonB

(also posted @ rec.woodworking)

Reply to
RonB