Home Depot - Potential Good News

Page 2 of 2

wildo wrote:

Dumbest remark on Usenet so far in 07.
Gary KW4Z wrote:

$210 million for leaving? Well, it's none of my business. If the board want to pay him that much, and the board was elected by the stockholders, it's their decision. If something like that so offends a person's sensibilities, he's welcome to start a competing company with different policies.
To pay someone $210 million to leave may be a better deal than allowing them to stay. This technique is common in divorces.

If you own stock and vote on directors then you know that you don't get to "elect" them. You get to "approve" them after the company tells you the very short list of candidates.
Sadly, it's a very rigged game. Boards long ago stopped putting the stockholders' interests first.
Thing that hacks me off is I finally unloaded the last of my HD stock a month ago since it was clear the company wasn't going anywhere under Nardelli and it's up 4 bucks since then.
Steve.

And the republicans say that unemployment is not a problem.
I knew the ship was on the rocks when I started hearing more store announcements in Spanglish than English.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

means nothing, their customer base speaks Spanish too. Personally I think they could probably improve their business by having bilingual signage, etc. Around here Spanish speakers are a large minority and a whole mess of them are in the DIY homeowner category and/or are involved in some kind of building trade.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

About 20 years ago I moved to Florida. I had taken the wife to Hialeah to some shop she just had to go to. Across the way was a HD. I wanted to pick up some vents to put in the eaves of our new house. I could not find anyone in the store who could understand what I wanted and where they were.
Charlie
Charlie Bress wrote:

That was not necessarily a language issue :(
I recently walked out of a HD because nobody seemed to be able to tell me where to find "pop rivets." That motivated me to get online and I now know the locations of three local hardware stores; now I just need to find a lumberyard.
nate
(oh yeah, and buy a truck or station wagon...)
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Or a roofrack.
BobK207 wrote:

Maybe I missed something here but what has been so bad about Home Depot?
| BobK207 wrote: | > Today, Bob Nardelli, their CEO, got fired. | > | > Maybe the new guy can turn the place around | > | | Maybe I missed something here but what has been so bad about Home Depot?
besides their crappy twisted and warped lumber? their incompetent staff that knows less about their products than a homeowner. their inability to give contractors a discount other than that stupid 10% that everyone under the sun seems to get. not fixing their leaky roofs, even with all their repair stuff, they still order it elsewhere.
I could go on and on and on.