Hiding places

Last four or five cars I've had the door lock when you put the shift lever in Drive.

We rent a lot of cars and that is the first setup option we turn off.
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:44:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I turn off the infernal seat belt alarm on mine.
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:52:30 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

You can just turn it off? What kind of car?
On the 2000 Toyota, I had to find the key-in-the-lock connector, way under the dash and up, and disconnect it. But at least it's not still driving me insane;

Fords. The chimes still go off at first but you can turn of the constant nagging. It's not easy but it's documented in the owner's manual.

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:34:35 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

That's good. Nothing like that for the 2000 Toyota.
I still have 3 or 4 chimes and that's fine. It's the nagging, especially when I wasn't even going anywhere
The 95 (and 88?) Lebaron had an obscure way to turn off the automatic door locking and unlocking. Pretty sure not in the owners manaual or shop manual, but on the yahoo list for Lebarons people knew about it (I'll read ng's and mail lists, but I wont' subscribe to a web forum)

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:34:35 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

The edge we rented this summer had an interesting spin on this. The chimes kept increasing in frequency and then it turned off the radio. I could not over ride it from the dash computer.
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 16:26:01 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That would really piss me off. I know when I'm doing it and I'm doing it for good reason. I wouldn't have a wife who nagged and a car is far cheaper to get rid of.
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 16:26:01 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

My '84 Lebaron would say things like, "Your door is open" or "Your windsheld wiper fluid is low" and turn off the radio sound while it was saying them. This would have been an incentive to fill my windshield washer fluid, but then it would say "All monitored systerms are functioning properly." Even if I went from Accessory to starting the car. Give me a break.
When I found the box, there was a swtich on it, to turn it off completely.

In 1984 that was amazing technology. It was probably rather nifty to listen to for the first two days. Then it would be annoying.
Now, I have conversations with my car. I can do a lot of phone, radio, navigation functions with voice commands. As I give a command, it asks me for the next step if there is one.
On Aug 25, 11:52am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

So do I but I do it by buckling up.
Harry K

I do usually, but not to move the car across the parking lot.
On Aug 25, 9:35pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I got a warning when I moved my truck 1 block in town without buckling up. I'd rater takethe second or so and do rather than talk to the nice officer.
Harry K

Because you're cowed doesn't mean everyone is.
On Aug 26, 8:03am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Because I have enough brains to know what is good for me and mine. Sorry about you.
Harry K

No, you've been cowed.
On Aug 26, 9:03pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Sorry you don't care about yourself or your family (if you have one). I was wearint belts since 1959 when the weren't even an option in most makes.
Cowed? Hardly, Sensible? Yes. You? Stupid.
Harry K

Hell, you can't even read, Harry! I never said I didn't wear them. <what a moron>
On Aug 27, 10:58am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

net> wrote:

What a moron you are. You keep claiming I am "cowed" how do you explain me wearing them years before there was any law requiring it?
Of course I recognized you and your trolling several replies ago, just kept stringing you along and yes I re I relized you never said you didn't wear them. I also note that you haven't said you do war them.
IOW you are too cowardly to be honest.
Harry K
On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 07:24:14 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

On a 60 Minutes type of show they had a mother on that lost one of her kids. She was taking them across the street, two houses up and got broadsided.
Putting on the belt has become a habit.