Help with Well wiring

How do I wire a 110v float switch to a 220v pump? Its a 220 v 1/2 hp Franklin motor on the pump. I have a 400 ft run on #14 wire to the float switch. Where on the pump controler do I wire in the float switch? Or what is the simplest way to use this float switch with this pump?
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:38:44 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@weare1.us wrote:

Since the switch is just a controller, not a disconnect it doesn't need to break both legs. The only question is whether it is rated for 240v and enough HP.
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:38:44 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@weare1.us wrote:

You just wire in series with one of the pump leads
snipped-for-privacy@weare1.us wrote:

"Pump Controller" implies that this may be a 3-wire motor. Any control device, such as your float switch would need to be wired in one of the 2 incoming Line wires to the controller.
Can you tell us a bit more about the application of this float switch to a "well pump" ?
Jim
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:21:19 -0400, Speedy Jim

My guess it is a aerators tank. I have 3 float switches in mine
snipped-for-privacy@weare1.us wrote:

I would purchase a relay and use the float switch to control the relay coil and run the power through the main contacts.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

I agree, I don't think I'd want 800 feet of #14 breaking one of the legs to the pump
Totally agree about using a relay also. I would use a 240-24 volt transformer and a 24 volt contactor. With 24 volt, there would be less of a shock hazard and you could use pretty much any kind of wire between the float switch and relay-- thermostat wire, even telephone wire (use the kind with 4 wires and tie wires together so you have a pair of two wires paired together. Larry