Help with patio door leak

I have a patio door that leaks bad in winter. It is like the door does not fit right. It is only 5 years old and came with weatherstipping but there are gaps. On the side where the door latches there is about 1 inch gap between the door and frame. What can I do? Can I adjust the door?

One inch seems a bit much. Sure the moving pane isn't hung up somewhere on the midframe, or there is an obstruction in the track? Door could also be slightly off-track, and may need to be rehung. Once you solve the door prob, and if door faces rain/wind direction, you might consider extending eaves, or putting in some kind of rigid awning to keep pouring rain off the door.
This is a spinging door. There is no track. Just like a reguar door with hinges on one side and a latch on the other.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I guess you could see if there is a stock door that would fit your frame, or try to trim 3/4 inch off the side jam to fit the door. I would do it on the latch side, so you dont have to deal with the hinges. Take off moulding, cut upper and lower jambs, then . . . . this is getting complicated. You might have a local carpenter look at it. And I dont mean a handyman.