I am re-wiring some of the boxes in a 30's vintage cottage. The old
wiring is crumbling in the steel boxes. Currently the house has the
ridgid conduit and some romex from a previous owner.
After installing a new recepticle and grounding the recepticle to the
which is connected to conduit to the panel, I am only getting 83 volts
the ground and the hot.
A plug in detector indicates the recepticle is installed properly.
between the hot and neutral is 123 volts.
What are the suspected problems and how can I identify where that
Thanks so much for yuor help,much obliged