Help. New toilet has something collecting in the bowl

I insatlled a new toilet (bowl and tank) a few weeks ago. Everything looked good, except that now I see some kind of flakes and particles collecting in the bowl after every flush. It rather looks like wax from the wax ring. Is it possible that somehow the wax ring is leaking into the bowl. Does the water somehow flow backwards at the end of the flush. It looks that way, because the water level first drops and then comes back again.

I have looked very carefully and there are no particles collecting in the tank.

Could I have done something wrong in the installation. I am assuming that the wax ring failing could be quite nasty. I have not caulked the toilet down to the floor yet. As far as I can see there is almost no gap between the toilet and the floor, and the toilet is not rocking at all.

Reply to
TheMightyAtlas

Dust, plaster from the interstices of the bowl? Was it, for example in storage a long time before sale?

Reply to
terry

I would guess it is mostly just the leftovers from the castings of the parts and will soon disappear.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

either that or bad porcilen finish

Reply to
jim

Wax particles will float. Internal glaze breaking off will leave particles settling at the bottom. If the latter is what you see, the stool is defective. Remove and replace with a better brand and check the trap for quality glazing first.

Joe

Reply to
Joe