HELP: my bathtub faucet drips and I cant identify the type/manufacturer but I have a picture of it

http://www.geocities.com/asa386/bathroom.jpg
my bathtub faucet has been dripping for over two weeks now and steadly getting worse by the looks of it ...
Anyone know who the manufacturer of this faucet is? Anyone know how to fix it?
About a year ago I repaired a shower/tub cartridge exactly like the one shown. I believe it was a Moen. I had to purchase a cartridge puller ($10) to remove the old one. Home Depot sold a repair kit (~$12) that included three O rings and two rubber tabs installed on both sides for hot and cold flow. Chances are one of the tabs is torn and not shutting off the hot or cold flow. A problem with an O ring would cause the leak behind the handle. Your leak is probably one of the tabs torn. Make note of the original cartridge placement and put it back in the same way. It is possible to install the cartridge upside down. Home Depot did not have a replacement cartridge in their inventory, so, be careful when removing the original one as you'll have to reuse it with the new repair kit. If the rubber tabs are torn inside, it may take a little effort to pull the original cartridge back out, thus, I had to buy the cartridge puller.
Your local plumbing store may have the entire cartridge. I'm sure he'll know what is needed.
Good Luck...Bob
--
______________
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:02:17 +0000, Photon713 wrote:

Yes, I believe you are correct. I mentioned a Moen, but, I believe you're correct. It may well be a Delta. My memory was from a year ago. But, the information about the cartridge still applies.
Bob
--
lvMMMCDLXXIX+1

Before I started reading the replies, I thought to myself, That looks like a Delta, made in USA
pronforall wrote:

That looks like what we have in our main bathroom, Delta.