HELP. Mice invasion

Page 2 of 2
Pam wrote:

On my farm, we usually have more mice than the cat can handle. So a few months ago, I bought a Woodstream/Victor trap for around $12 that can hold some 30 mice at a time. You don't even need to bait it, although they say baiting might increase catch.
Once one mouse gets in, the rest will follow. It actually HELPS catch more mice if another mouse is in the trap. Farmstores sell it, or I am sure you can find it on the web.
Called the tin cat. To see it, go to http://www.forestry-suppliers.com and type tin cat into the search box at the top of the home page.
After a few nights of a "filled box," I seldom see any mice, and the "real" is probably pretty irritated.
snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote in

Thanks! Think I'll just buy new ones. I don't want to clean it out. (i'd throw it away). ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
says... :) Thanks! Think I'll just buy new ones. I don't want to clean it out. (i'd :) throw it away). :) ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :) :) It's a live trap, so no real cleaning other than just opening up the door and letting them run out...preferably though the opening should be after a 15 minute dunk in water and let them just fall out. Used traps are more effective to catch more mice.
--
Lar

says...

I know! ewwwwwwwwwwwww. LOL There could be live ones still in there. Then I'd have to wreck a pail to use only for mouse dipping. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I don't want to look at them. I bet the smell would be putrid.
says...

Well, just learn to live with the mice. You're an adult.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ......................what does that mean?
Steve
says...

Sound it out.... eeeeeee-uuuuuuuuu. Like screaming at creepy animals. No, I'll just throw out the whole tin catcher and buy a new one.

Yeah. Sounds like that old one worked pretty good.
Steve
Re: The statement regarding baiting an electric trap with peanut butter not being a problem for dogs because most dogs don't like peanut butter -- most dogs DO, in fact, like peanut butter. Most of them like it A LOT. In fact, people often use it for a treat for dogs.
Jo Ann
Steve B wrote:

As per the statement that animals will only mess with the trap one time, that still remains accurate. They may also never eat peanut butter again, but a reasonable man might think of another bait to use. There are millions to choose from, and peanut butter was only a suggestion. Your actual choice may vary.
Steve
I am starting to wonder whether there is a gender bias in the willingness to hurt/injure domestic animals in the pursuit of killing wild animals. At any rate, I guess I'm through reading/responding to this thread.
Jo Ann
Steve B wrote:

First of all, rodents are not wild animals, they are vermin.
I am now wondering if there is a stupidity barrier here when it comes to protecting yourself from bubonic plague (not seen in hundreds of years, but now making a comeback, and carried by fleas on rodents) hantavirus (a fatal respiratory infection carried by rodents and transmitted through their urine and feces) and just the damage and contamination they cause.
I guess I'm finished, too. No sense discussing this with a Liberal who thinks mice self esteem is more important than either having a rodent feces and urine free living environment or protecting one's self and family from known diseases.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

Gee...when I read Jo Ann's post it didn't seem to be at all political, and she certainly didn't seem to be pro-rodent. She simply had concern for domestic pets whose noses, tails, or paws might be injured by traps. So... I guess "liberal" is a synonym for "pet lover" or, perhaps, for "person who doesn't want a huge vet bill for a pet cat's broken tail", etc.
Jo Ann, I think it's IQ rather than gender which causes people to risk their pets to kill vermin. It's incredibly easy to rid a home of vermin and at the same time not risk injury to companion animals.
I stand corrected -- I totally agree that it's related to IQ and not gender! (And okay, I lied and read this thread again, LOL!)
Jo Ann