Help-Large base light bul

P > I have a fixture (30 years old) that uses a large light bulb with an P > unusually large base, The bulb and the base are larger than a regular light P > bulb. Any thoughts on this. Is this size light bulb still available? Wher
P > can I get one? What wattage do I get? It is for a fixture that overhangs
P > dining room table and the fixture is on a dimmer. Any thoughts?
As you have read by now the base size is 'mogul'. You might want to consider purchasing an adapter so you can use regular-sized bulbs. You probably will have to look around at a dedicated hardware store (I'm fairly certain I've seeen them at the Tru-Value store down the hill from me, but then they're known to have 'everything').
* Definition: Hookah -- southern girl of uncertain virtue
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971