Help finding burner socket for old stove.

Stove is very old (at least 30 years) and made by Westinghouse. Name says "Westinghouse Continental". It has an oven under the range part and again overhead. I find the label but can not read the model number :-( . The label says 20.04 Kw.
The socket is made of a heavy ceramic block. A picture is here:
http://math.ucr.edu/ferguson/sock.jpg
If someone could tell me where to find one of these things I would be very grateful. The usual parts suppliers seem to be unable to proceed without a model number.
Thanks in advance.
Barry

Go find a better parts store where the guy behind the counter is a real appliance part guy. First clues are he is at least 55-60, smokes a cigar, growls at customers and has a pot belly.
The twerp kid at the place where you went was probably a 19 year old HS dropout with an earring who wouldn't know a heating element from a hole in the wall.

exactly around pittsburgh all appliance parts is the only place to get super old parts.
I got burner controls for a 40 year old two oven range evewryone else said wasnt avalible at all appliance, made my old friend very happy she loves that range

I agree with you.
Barry, what city are you in. Maybe someone knows a store.
Any chance you can just clean that one up?
Dear mm, Thanks for the response. No, the one in the pix is a good one. The bad one actually is filthy but I could get by with just one of the vertical springy metal terminals, because the bad connector has one burned through.
I am in Riverside, CA.
Thanks again, Barry
mm wrote:

What I did in that situation was buy a newer element and the plug to fit IT - Solved the problem for another 20 years or so (till THAT part is obsolete)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:47:19 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

A related techniquie would be to buy a different socket that had approximately the same springy metal terminal.
Another possibility, too late now but good for 20 years from now, is to save little things, including springy metal.
I rarely have to go the store anymore, because I have so much stuff I took off things I was throwing away, wingnuts, capnuts, push-back springs, pull-back springs, flat springs, twist springs, non-metal nuts, .....

Dear Sharp Dresser,
I could not agree with you more but do not know where to find this paragon. (No shortage of twerps around here tho.) I am in Riverside CA (Southern CA).
Sincerely, Barry
Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

ferguson wrote:

Go to a real parts store. Take your photo in or bring in the old part. Pay for the replacement when they hand it to you. Install it. Simple and easy.