Hello all, question about locks

Page 2 of 2

I'm gonna have to diagram this idea to be sure about it. :)
On Wed, 31 May 2006 03:15:31 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Absolutely.
And although using the same key has advantages, so does using different keys.

Schlage has what you're looking for, at Home Depot even. I have Schlage lever-type locks with this feature. But I agree with other posters - go to a locksmith.

Not so surprised. Being a good clerk at HD is not the easiest job, but even if he stays in the door hardware section for a long time, someone who can learn all the features of all the locks really ought to get a better job. For the most part they don't get to see the features, because the packages are closed.

Has anyone used those remote controlled deadlocks? They have a transmitter like a car alarm, and the one I've seen uses batteries to turn the know that opens and closes the deadlock. I don't have a great need for this, but I think I would like it. Especially if the batteries last a long time.

I've had one on my front door for a few years (using the wireless keypad made for it). It's worked properly so far.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Good to know. Thanks.