HeatTrak Stair Mats

Got a sales notice today from Costco featuring HeatTrak stair mats and door mats. Could see where these things might be of value if they actually work.
Anyone here with their own personal comments?

I looked into them a few years back, and they seemed like a good product, but I have no personal experience with them. I do have personal experience with Costco, though, and I've never found a single product that they carry that is crap. I've found that at the very least it will be good.
Amazon has a number of reviews with an aggregate score of 3.5/5. Not too bad, but then you read the comments and you'll see that it actually should probably have another half star. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
What size and how much for the Costco one?
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:56:54 -0700, RicodJour wrote:

Pack of three 10"x30" $139.99 shipping inluded

Costco buyers seem to be extremely careful about what they purchase from vendors. Their merchandise is consistently of /very/ good quality.
--
Tegger

Even the food. It's easy to shop healthy there, too, unlike some other places, and the choices are excellent. They also run a very profitable business and don't step on the little guys to do it. This from the Wikipedia article on Costco: "As of March 2008[update], non-supervisory hourly wages ranged from $11.00 to $20.50 in the United States, $11.00 to $22.15 in Canada, and 6.28 to 10.00 in the United Kingdom." Compare that to Walmart's full time employees averaging ~$11/hour, and having a yearly employee turnover rate of ~70%.

Totally different approach, that's for sure; Costco's turnover is very low.
But consider the number of stores. Walmart: about 8,500 worldwide. Costco: about 572. (I got both figures from Wikipedia)
And consider the shopping habits of the chains' customers: Your typical Walmart customer is going to spend much less than half per-visit than Costco's members.
Since Costco relies very heavily on volume and dollars-spent per visit, they can afford to pay fewer employees more money.
--
Tegger

Plow and Hearth has stair treads where the ice crumbles when you step on the mats.
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:39:09 +0000, Jim wrote:

Update to this former posting. I ordered the stair mats for my wooden rear of the house entry. Very pleased with what I got. Haven't been able to fully test them as it hasn't snowed yet. Initial testing has them warm to the touch so my outlook is favorable.
Considering getting them for the front entrance as well. Concern is that is an old brick and cement stoop. Bit worried about drilling holes into that construction. Any suggestions for an anchoring system that wouldn't rely on drilling? FYI these mats come with 3/8" grommet holes.