Heat N Glo Insert

I have an older model insert (Model 4000)that is slow to burn. What I mean is that when I turn it on, the burner doesn't start burning right away. It usually takes 3 - 5 minutes before the burner comes on. This happens when using the switch or the remote control. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem is and how to fix it? Someone suggested that the unit maybe dirty, but where would I have to clean it?
Thanks in advance for any help, Ray
I do not know on that model. But here is the manufacturer information:
Heat-N-Glo Hearth & Home Technologies, Inc. 20802 Kensington Boulevard Lakeville, MN 55044 Phone: (952)985-6000 Fax: (952)985-6001 Email: snipped-for-privacy@heatnglo.com Website: www.heatnglo.com
--
John Galbreath Jr.
http://www.firelogs.com /