HDD magnets used to repair clothes dryer

Page 3 of 3
Yeah, we had those on the aircraft carrier I was on. Huge washing machine size hard drives, with the removable packs. There were about 6 of them installed, as I recall.
One problem: Air ops was not required to tell anyone before beginning operations, and the occasional pilot doing a fly-by was not required to call us before performing said procedure.
Every month, at least one pilot would do a fly-by.
BOOOM
Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash
You could hear the heads getting shredded on the drives. I always thought it was funny, but I wasn't the one that had to fix them or do the restore.