Have their been any posting from our remodeler friend Kate?

Page 1 of 2

Has anyone seen any postings from Kate? She had a lot of questions, and got answers, and now seems to have disappeared.

I hope she didn't wall herself into a corner or something... :^/
--
aem sends...

She was run off by all the drooling mouth breathers. Excuse me, I have to wipe my face.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote the following:

You ever notice how kind the members of this group are to someone who has a female nick? If the nick was male, he would be attacked for asking so many stupid questions.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

So would the HWMBO.... (grin). Gack. I just realized, there's probably a small percentage who were just nicely refraining from making 'alterative lifestyle' comments at me! LOL! Relax guys, female from day 1. Even got a cute little c-section scar to prove it and no, ain't posting no pics!
willshak wrote:

out of my way to help anyone who asks an honest question in a friendly manner- everyone has to start somewhere. The male posters usually try to bluff that they know most of it already, but only need help with one little thing.
And yeah, some of us enjoy the chance to be gallant. It comes up so seldom in real life.
--
aem sends...

Hey, I had sympathy pains, swollen ankles and lower back pain for months. In the birthing room, my wife said, "Look what you did to me!"
I was even able to take paternity leave from the job.
Oren wrote the following:

Yeah, a lot of jobs allow paternity leave now. Some guys do the same on paternity leave as they do on their regular days off, whatever that is. I know one that took a trip to Florida on paternity leave. His wife was giving birth in New York at the time. I never got paternity leave for all 4 of my kid's births. It was before the paternity leave was contracted. I got to see the births of my last two kids, but I had to take personal leave for it. My other two were born way before the fathers were allowed in the OR.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

My mother went through 10 pregnancies in 20 years then went out and got herself a PhD in psychology,... it didn't help.
TDD

Did she really? I thought that was only in comedy plays and movies.
Didn't she want a child too?

Trust me it is real. She refused medications until the very last moment. I swear I've never seen such a look in my life, when she said it :) You'd think I had 3 heads on my shoulders when she looked at me.
The baby was 9 lb. 14 oz.
I didn't blame her at all.
"Oren" wrote

I think that is a real positive that has happened and getting more common. Fact is, with the first one she's as clueless as you are generally and reality is if she had a c-section, she *needs* the help.

See: _Family and Medical Leave Act_
Overview
Covered employers must grant an eligible employee up to a total of 12 workweeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for one or more of the following reasons:
* for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee; * for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care; * to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or * to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm
From 1993.
wiki:
"The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), was passed by the 103rd United States Congress and subsequently signed into law on 5 August 1993 by President Bill Clinton (Pub.L. 103-3; 29 U.S.C. sec. 2601; 29 CFR 825). The bill was among the first signed into law by President Clinton in his first term. The FMLA is a labor law requiring larger employers to provide employees job-protected unpaid leave due to a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform his or her job, or to care for a sick family member, or to care for a new child (including by birth, adoption or foster care). The FMLA is administered by the Employment Standards Administration's Wage and Hour Division within the U.S. Department of Labor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_and_Medical_Leave_Act_of_1993
Note the exceptions.

_Male Seahorse Giving Birth_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzwrRKrw7Sk

Sure we do. It's called "Childfree". Tubal ligation is easy, cheap, and I highly recommend it. It's about as uncomfortable as a monthly period, it costs about 20% of a labor/delivery (cost me $1200, 25 years ago, uninsured), and you only have to do it once. Hell, it wasn't painless, but I'd do it once a year if I had to, if it meant I wouldn't have to worry about breeding.

Don't quote me! Carol posted the above, so don't attribute it to me, please. Or snip a little better ...
"Oren" wrote

Hehe not to mention that people who feel that way probably shouldnt 'breed' at all. I don't really fathom not wanting more kids but I accept that some do not want any at all. Me, I wanted 3-4 of them. Just wasn't in the cards.
willshak wrote:

Gosh....you noticed? I didn't want to be the first to bring it up, but I was surprised that all the regulars with "attitude" were being so sweet and helpful. Probably all went out and got their hair cut, too. :o)
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:45:22 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

And put pants on.