Hardwood flooring question

I want to install trazilian tiger wood 5 inch plank flooring. The sub flooring is 2x8 tongue and groove fir over floor joists with a 1/2" layer of particle board stapled on top of the fir.

I would like to nail the 5 inch tiger wood plank over 15 lb felt on top of the particle board without removing the particle board. I figure the

2 inch nail/cleats will go about 1 inch into the fir passing throught the particle board and felt. The felt will act as a vapor barrier.

Do I need to glue instead of using the felt and if so is there a glue that will work well on the particle board?

Reply to
felken

it is brazilian tiger wood, not "trazilian". sorry for the typo

Reply to
felken

lol, actually it is very inexpensive at 5.15/sf.

Reply to
felken

A trazilian is what it cost then?