Hardwood flooring question

I want to install trazilian tiger wood 5 inch plank flooring. The sub flooring is 2x8 tongue and groove fir over floor joists with a 1/2" layer of particle board stapled on top of the fir.
I would like to nail the 5 inch tiger wood plank over 15 lb felt on top of the particle board without removing the particle board. I figure the 2 inch nail/cleats will go about 1 inch into the fir passing throught the particle board and felt. The felt will act as a vapor barrier.
Do I need to glue instead of using the felt and if so is there a glue that will work well on the particle board?
it is brazilian tiger wood, not "trazilian". sorry for the typo

lol, actually it is very inexpensive at 5.15/sf.