Hardiplank, Ice Makers, Telephone Distribution Panels

We recently resided our home with Hardiplank, and now my wife wants to hang wreaths and other decorations from small nails. Is it okay to drive small nails into the material?

The ice maker in our 5-year-old Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator/freezer does not like to dispense quickly. There is no leak or other problem that causes the cubes to clump together and block the feed. The half-moon type cubes are not stuck together. It appears to be a bad design as it has always been a problem. Is it possible to find an aftermarket ice maker that will work better than this one? If so, how and where?

The local telephone company put a new style network interface box on the side of my house. They stuff a lot of telephone wires under each connection. On at least one occasion, I had top open the housing and reseat the connector to cause the telephones to work correctly. In one instance, the incessant hum on our phone lines (caused by an imbalance, I'm told) actually diminished quite a bit. I would like to have a single telephone line connected to their block, but I need a WEATHERPROOF telephone housing to put on the house beside their block to distribute the telephone wiring. A 66 or 110 block will not work without protection from the weather. Can anyone suggest a source for such a telephone distribution panel?

Reply to
mcp6453

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:49:50 GMT "mcp6453" used 23 lines of text to write in newsgroup: alt.home.repair

I'm starting a new thread for this question, you should have separated yours into three.

What is a "New York" style NID? Can you post a link to a picture?

Why not just pigtail the outgoing wires? You don't need a punch down block.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You can get replacements at

Most companies use the same design. Takes about a half hour to replace one.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski