Harbor Freight Tools

Page 3 of 3

I had a sense this thread would last a couple days.
That's not any old Betsy, that's a master betsy!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://img212.imageshack.us/i/masterpainsoundboard8th.swf /
Click the "It's Betty" button first. <g>
Jim
Considering your screen name, that's funny.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

And how long have you had this preoccupation with other male's penises?
Steve

salty....he's hitting on you. here's your chance.
Git im, Salty!
With a 40x magnifier, the world is your playground.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Steve B wrote:

Darn, I thought he said small duck.
TDD
Steve B wrote:

Would it be better if he was preoccupied with other female penises?

Answer: YES, NO, DEFINITELY, POSITIVELY, MAYBE, I DON'T KNOW, AND IT DEPENDS.
There is no doubt that tools bought from other sources sometimes and often last a lot longer than tools bought at HF. There are some tools, however, that are outrageously overpriced for their use, and HF is a good deal.
Ferinstance: A two way square post level. Cheap at HF, a lot more somewhere else. How many times are you going to use a two way post level?
Hammers: Decent enough at HF, but if you're a framer, you may want to go the extra $$ for a good one elsewhere.
Power equipment: Okay for occasional use.
Air tools: see above.
Bottom line: If you know your tools, you know when it will last for YOUR purpose. If you need something for heavy industrial every day use, you need to spend the bux and get a good one, because you're depending on it to work every day no questions asked, and make you money. For other stuff, HF is okay.
I got a band saw, and I like it a lot. I know it wouldn't last for constant or hard use, but it works for what I need. It was $149, and most others are 3 to 8 times that much.
Steve
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:58:55 -0800, "Steve B"

TMI
OK, boys, cut the crap. Time to change this thread.
I wonder what it would be like if HF sold Depends? With coupon.... Plumbers could get them half off, in the back. Not all it's cracked up to be. No Sh**!