hand shower: any to avoid? recommend?

In planning for a bath/shower redo, I'm considering adding a hand shower. Any to avoid? What would you recommend without breaking the bank?

Franz Fripplfrappl
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

I have three of the ~$20 Delta ones that I've had for several years with no issues. Key thing to remember is that the various spray settings are like tilt steering wheels in your car - you set it once and forget about it, so more is not better.

delta? their faucets are great.
their hand held showers are junk.
i returned 3, and got a different brand
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

I've had Waterpic hand shower heads put on my bath tub and stall shower heads for 5 years. They work fine but I can't compare to other brands.

Seems like a waste of money. Get one that does the entire body rather than individual ones for each part.