hand-nailing roof?

Page 2 of 2
EXT wrote:Roofers can be strange people. I had a friend who was in a roofing family many years ago, and it proved to me how different some can be. However, on the crew that worked on my house, the best was the wildest looking. He looked like a hells angel rider. Long pony tail hair, tattoos everywhere, long training beard. He worked like a trooper, corrected errors he saw others doing, explained what he was doing, changed some things that I didn't like (yes, I went up on the roof during the install) and was as nice as
could be about it.
Sounds like my buddy, Pete. Quality roofer. The best roofers I've known were usually the most rag-tagged, take-a-second-look-at-em type. Except for me, of course. I had a second hobby, which required my looking a "bit" professional. Tom