H/D TV

Page 3 of 3
Stop HD Lite.com officially launches to the public!
Stophdlite.com, Monday, January 23, 2006. StopHDLite.Com announced its official unveiling to the public on Sunday. Stop HD Lite is the first dedicated web site geared towards the issue of providers offering degraded high definition services to their customers. Stop HD Lite was founded by the people and members of satelliteguys.us, avsforum.com among other internet forums. Stop HD Lite.Com is owned and operated by Robert Nemitz and hosted by Lawrence E. Rosenman.
In this morning’s official unveiling, “This is a huge milestone,” said Robert Nemitz founder of StopHDLite.Com and he continued on saying, “We are more than happy to create a place for everyone to have one voice whether it’s good or bad.” He also noted, “Our first priority is making sure the information we get is in fact accurate and as soon as it can be independently verified we will post the information.”
STOPHDLITE.Com will offer many services to its users who decide to take action against the providers who provide downgraded High Definition services to its customers. From petitions, to ways you can contact the providers STOPHDLITE.Com will be there to bring it to you. More importantly Stop HD Lite voices the concerns of many who want the best quality when it comes to High Definition Television.
About STOPHDLITE.Com
StopHDLite.Com is the first internet consumer information web site dedicated to bringing the issue of satellite companies downgrading High Definition Services to their customers to the internet. StopHDLite.com was founded by members of various internet forums and was created by Robert Nemitz to give these members a place to take action against this form of downgraded services. Visit to view Stop HD Lite.Com go to www.stophdlite.com or by e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@stophdlite.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Stations MIGHT do this, they MIGHT do that. I MIGHT be the king of Siam, but I'm not! You claimed there WAS a lack of HD programming in many areas because broadcasters WERE using digital to transmit SD content instead. Yet, you are unable to provide a single reference or link showing that this is actually occurring anywhere. The fact is, wherever digital is available, there is lots of HD programming, like most of prime time, sports, etc available in HD and it's pretty consistent.

I's not up to me to do web searchs to prove your silly assertions. Just to show that I'm willing to go the extra mile, I did look at the HD lite thread at satelliteguys. And what is the discussion about? DISH satellite! Since when did DISH become a local broadcaster? Do you even understand the difference? LOL
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Even the $119 TV that we bought at Walmart 6 months ago is capable of displaying HDTV. Granted 480p ONLY, but it has component video inputs ready for a HDTV tuner.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Even the $119 TV that we bought at Walmart 6 months ago is capable of displaying HDTV. Granted 480p ONLY, but it has component video inputs ready for a HDTV tuner.
480 is NOT HIGH DEF!
What you have is a digital tv, with whatever inputs. no one makes a high def today for such a low price
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

OK, not High Def, but FULLY Digital.
Lets put it this way. This TV will not go black when the FCC turns off analog TV, and it will have a HIGHER quality picture than a set that does not have component video inputs, like the one that my Mom has. Both of us will need a converter box. My picture will be better than hers.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Robert Gammon wrote:

Hi, 480P is not a HD, it's so called ED. Better than SD(480i) any way. HD business is still evolving.
Add pictures here
βœ–
119$ doesnt get you HD, or 480P , component inputs dont get you 480Progressive, only Interlaced or DVD quality. Composite, 3 line, get you Progressive scan or 480P. HD is 720p or 1080i. Now 1080P is comming out even better than 1080i.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Sorry im wrong you are right, component is 480p-RGB, composite or one yellow in is 480i
Add pictures here
βœ–

It's not HD, but you do get a very stable picture with much better color quality than with NTSC.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
twfsa wrote:

What do you mean by "can't get all the channels"? What is the symptom?

never heard such a thing. Post this in alt.tech.hdtv for a better response.

Sounds like a cable problem to me. The TV tunes in whatever signal it receives.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Cable Card technology isn't quite there yet, IMO. People seem to experience a lot of the compatibility problems that you are and the cards don't have an interactive guide. I prefer my trusty Moto 6412 DVR stb with Comcast.
Greg M
Add pictures here
βœ–
I also wouldn't go CableCard. It's my understanding that it's unidirectional, in that it can tune in, but not send back. This means you cannot use some of the features your cable company offers like OnDemand programming. It is also my understanding that the cable card IS your tuner, you are not using your TV HD tuner but using your CableCard. Essentially the card is a small cable box, but is very limited in what it can do (as mentioned in other posts and this one). I can't see spending the money on digital/HD content but not using the interactive guide or having access to OnDemand content.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 16 Feb 2006 09:01:34 -0800, "grodenhiATgmailDOTcom"

Which could be very desirable for privacy reasons.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
βœ–

Something wrong if the system keeps dropping channels. It's unlikely that repeated programming will help.

That "big ass cable box" (which may be small) will greatly improve versatility. It will mean you have access to the signal, and can feed it to anything you want (such as a DVD recorder). It would also help you to localize the problem (it is the cable box or the TV?).