gyprocking basement

I am going to drywall the basement in the future. Can I drywall the walls first, or does the ceiling have to be done first? The reason I'm asking is that I would prefer to leave the ceiling open for future wiring and lighting which I don't want to do now.
Does it matter if the ceiling is done last ?
Section 31 wrote:

Dryrock ceiling usually goes up before the walls. The perimeter edges of the ceiling dryrock are supported by the wall rock. You can do the walls first, and thereafter put up a suspended ceiling. You can then remove panels to snake wiring through the ceiling or do any other work in the void above the panels. My basement has always had the suspended ceilings. Since the ceiling was put up some 20 years ago, I have routed electric wires, TV cables. Cat5 cables, copper pipe, and the exhaust ducting for a Jenn Air range in a peninsula.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY