Gurgling Fridge

My refrigerator suddenly seems to be making a gurgling sound. It has always done this, but now it seems a LOT more frequently. It seems to maintain the temp just fine. Any ideas? Should I be shopping for a new one?

The gurgling sound may be O.K., but when you hear a spitting sound, watch out....
;-]

My chest freezer has been gurgling for going on 25 years.