Gumwood Trim

I am stripping/refinishing all the gumwood trim in my 103 y/o house. Some sections are damaged beyond fixing or missing. Found a lumberyard in the area that sells gumwood but was horrified by the price. Can anyone recomend a suitable replacement wood? I will be staining and polying the finish on.

What is horrifying to you? http://www.westwindhardwood.com/hard_g.html has gumwood for $6.95 a board foot. Compared to other woods, it is not all that bad.

I just bought some gumwood from the place you went to, and the price ($6.40/bf) really isn't totally out of line. Gumwood is hard to come by...they're one of the only places in the country that seems to stock it in any quantity, and they had quite the quantity when I was there last week. Just make sure you cull through the pile....gumwood warps like a bitch, so it'll take some time to find some reasonably straight boards.