Grounded switch tap

Hi
I'm trying to locate (in the US) a *grounded* (i.e.3-prong) plug in switch tap.
I've got a standard 15amp outlet that I have an appliance that I need to be switch on-and-off-able (is that a word) at the outlet.
Leviton make a non-grounded version (2-prong in, and 2-prong out), but I need it to be grounded.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Den
This what you mean?
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_5335.htm?sid 37E3BCF00F56C10DE10E82B398BB58&pid08
I beleive It is against the NEC to have the grounded and grounding conductors switched.

Tazz spake thus:

http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_5335.htm?sid 37E3BCF00F56C10DE10E82B398BB58&pid08
I think the OP is asking about an *inline* switch in a cordset (plug & outlet), so they can put it between the outlet and appliance to switch it on & off.
But while what you suggested isn't what they asked for, it should work, so long as they only need one outlet in the box (or on that side of a double box).
--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: \'Elect me president, and I
David Nebenzahl wrote:

My guess is the OP wants a plug-in cube kinda like a grounding adapter that has a switch built into it. (Haven't seen one.)
bud--

I've seen them for two prongs but not for three. I use a couple, including to turn the power off to my scanner, which I almost never use.

No ... what I want plugs into a standard 15amp outlet and has a switch and an outlet on it.

Den Murray spake thus:

You could make one yourself, with a "handy box", that switch/outlet combo someone else posted a link to, a short piece of 3-wire cord and a plug. Wouldn't be all ivory-plastic-encapsulated pretty, but would work and be safe.
--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: \'Elect me president, and I
If you've got the space, how about a power strip like the 2nd picture on this page

Den Murray wrote:

Easy enough to make one; though it will be very expensive extension cord. I think you are looking for an extension cord, aren't you. "Plug in switch tap"???

A cheap power bar with switch.
Yes, you can build something a bit more specific to your purposes, but probably not for less than the $5 or so you can get a power bar, nor quite as pretty ;-)
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est