Adding grounded outlets

I want to tie into existing circuit for some additional grounded outlets in my basement. The existing circuit serves a half dozen or so single-bulb l ight fixtures. I've switched out one of those from light to three-prong re ceptical and have tested and determined that the box is grounded.

Question: If I run 14-2 wire from that box through metal conduit to a new m etal outlet box will the new recepticals also be grounded or do I need to r un a ground wire from the existing box to the new receptical?

Thanks!

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

Standard "Romex" NM-B cable includes a ground wire, usually described as "14-2 w/ground"

See

Retired

If the conduit is properly installed (all the joints are tight) it is certainly a legal grounding conductor. A wire in the pipe is usually considered better but not required.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good luck finding romex without a ground wire, unless you find some antique cloth covered romex from the 1950s. or early 60s at an auction. And if you're using metallic conduit, you can just run single coated wires thru it, and the conduit is the ground as long as it's applied properly.

Reply to
Paintedcow