ground wire on siemens panel

Page 2 of 2
zxcvbob wrote:

Actually where I am either would be fine as I have no AHJ to worry about.
Pete C.
zxcvbob wrote:

Your right of course. What matters is what the inspector on scene will accept.
--
Tom Horne

Fundamentally I tend to agree with your premise, however you could take it to the absurd, like splitting 4/0 among eight or so terminals. I think the intention of the code is that equipment should be used as intended by the manufacturer. Since the manufacturer's make lugs of all sizes, buying the proper sized one would seem more reasonable to me. There is also the "workman like manner" rule

Check with your electrical supply store. There's an adapter block ( I don't know what it's called) available that takes up 2 spaces on the ground bar and has a larger lug on it.
But, as another poster mentioned, #4 should fit. Try running the screw almost all the way out. #4 wire fit my CH panel, but it took some effort to get it in there.

imho:
Go to a electrial supply shop and get an add-on neutral lug for your panel, remember to follow all electrial codes. ;)
Example of what one looks like: http://www.urlbee.com?7778
or google "neutral lug"
hth,
tom