Ground Wire in plastic box with plastic light fixture

I have a plastic box that attaches to a plastic light fixture. The plastic light fixture does not have a ground wire. What do i do with the bare copper ground wire from the NM 12-2 romex cable. Do i need to attach a grounding screw to the plastic box and terminate or the wire with a wing nut in the box?
Thanks David Houston, TX
I have a plastic box that attaches to a plastic light fixture. The plastic light fixture does not have a ground wire. What do i do with the bare copper ground wire from the NM 12-2 romex cable. Do i need to attach a grounding screw to the plastic box and terminate or the wire with a wing nut in the box?
Thanks David Houston, TX

Any light fixture I have used has had a ground wire. If yours doesn't, then it doesn't really matter what you do with the ground wire.
Toller wrote:

Other than be sure it is located in the box such that the end can't get in contact w/ a hot terminal if there happens to be one in the box...some recommend cutting it back but I wouldn't as there might be a purpose for it some time in the future.

It would be pointless to try and ground a plastic box. No ground screw hole. :p
What I do is put a wire nut on the end, and tuck it far back inside the box. The wire nut is to prevent the free end possibly poking a hot wire, and if the fixture later needs upgrading later, the next electrian might need a wire nut. :D
imho,
tom @ www.BlankHelp.com