grohe faucet

I made terrible blunder when I bought a Grohe faucet. Help is toll called and they are very slow to respond. I have been kept on wait for as long as 20 minutes several times this AM. I installed a Grohe ladylux cafe faucet in my kitchen. Now it is loose on the sink and needs securing.To tighten the faucet I need to remove the spout. I tried pulling it up without success and reluctant to add more force. How do I remove the spout? Can any one here help me? Thank you, Seamus J.Wilson