Great Stuff on the ceiling

Hi,
What's the best trick making Great Stuff stick to the bottom of the roof and not fall prior to curing?
I have an area that's about 18" x 18" that needs to be covered. The bottom of the roof is plywood.
Thanks in advance,
Sam
the surface has to be primed too much moisture in plywood

Gorilla Glue is the same basic stuff as Great Stuff... and I ~think~ you should be able to apply some Goriila Glue (or another brand of polyurethane glue) with a notched spreader (like maybe an old credit card... use some scissors to make some notches)
Leave this sit for a bit (an hour? a half day?) and then the Great Stuff should stick just fine.
IF there really is moisture in the plywood, this is a bonus, as applying polyurethane glue instructions say to spritz the wood with a little water before applying the glue. The moisture soaks into the wood a bit, carrying some of the glue with it.
This is just my hare-brain, but I think it would work nicely for confident results and not a whole lot of pain.
Best of luck!
september.org:

A hunk of thick styrofoam, like for foundations, won't work?
If you want to rig something up, waxed paper might be your friend. Not too much sticks to it with any strength.

Or, just tack/staple a piece of cardboard under the bottom of the roof joist/rafters. Lots of scrap cardboard available.
Why have you chosen Great Stuff? It's designed for filling cracks, not sticking to a ceiling. Tell us, please, what task you are trying to accomplish. Are you doing sound deadening? Just like the yellow color? What?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sam Takoy wrote:

Probably much easer to glue a piece of foam to the ceiling. cut to size, use white glue and/or a mechanical fastener.

foam adhesive spray some on the foam, slap it up and tack a strip across between the rafters to hold it up intill the great stuff sets.
Couple layers of corrugated cardboard, and some drywall screws with washers. Much cheaper, and works about as well.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus