Graphite and Door hinges

Has anyone noticed that idiot manufacturers are pre-lubricating door hinges with graphite so the carpeting under the hinges continously get dirty from the graphite. I've spent days removing the hinges, cleaning off the graphite and re-lubricating with a little WD40 in 2 different houses.
Art Begun wrote:

cuts the harden grease on something and makes it, the grease, work like it should work....
As others have noted, you did not lubricate them with WD-40 you may have cleaned out any graphic.
There is no perfect lube but graphic is good for this use. I would also recommend silicone lube as a cleaner product.
When it really comes down to it, I use either graphic or petroleum jelly.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
KY also works well. I prefer grape.

why are you soo anal?
Art Begun

Nehmo Install black carpet and your problems are over!
--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *