GFCI's required in a non-updated bathroom? (Two prong type)

No ...not exactly.

I don't "not like" your posts........I find them ridiculously entertaining, keep them coming. :)

It's interesting to see how some people's brains work.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

No ...not exactly.

I don't "not like" your posts........I find them ridiculously entertaining, keep them coming. :)

It's interesting to see how some people's brains work.

cheers Bob

Dude, not to be argumentative, but you've got issues

Reply to
RBM

Follow-up - the electrician put in the GFCI last week for $110. (Yeah I know, the labor was $95 but hey it's not something I can do). Invoice reads "changed existing outlet to GFI and hooked up ground". So maybe it was there all along. BTW, no worry about the home inspector; the buyer put this on their laundry list as a result of the completed inspection. And the inspector just put on there "recommend installing GFCI". The buyer is a young woman coming from an apartment, so is probably used to a GFCI outlet being the norm. Oh well, the things she asked for (vs things she could have) cost less than what the mortgage payments would be until next spring, which is when I'd realistically expect another offer. Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
Lee B

re :(Yeah I know, the labor was $95 but hey it's not something I can do)

Why not?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

OMG!

Here's a little secret: If you learn how to do stuff like this for yourself, you'll save so much money it's as if you got a HUGE raise at work.

Next time you are about to hire someone to do something that you don't think you can do yourself, try this... Go to google.com and search for help. If you had searched for: "replacing an outlet", you would have found many DIY websites with detailed instructions, diagrams and photos of how to replace an outlet. It is extremely easy to do.

Reply to
salty

The key might be "and hooked up ground." That's not always easy to do with old wiring (he may have needed to run a ground wire back to the fusebox.) Also the old box may have been too small or too full of wires for a GFCI device to fit. (or maybe it was a simple 5 minute job)

My problem is I know I can do anything myself (eventually) and I underestimate all the complications I'll run into :-)

Bob

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

None of the obstacles you mention involve any great skill to overcome. At $95 labor including the house call, you can be pretty sure it was a very simple and quick job.

Reply to
salty