Getting Rid of Mice in Basement

Oh, yeah. LOL

I just have to find out if Jimmy the Greek is a

Nope not a shareholder... Just a happy customer. I got mine off of ebay. The only place I've seen them are ebay & a few sites on the net. If someone was to sell them locally I would think they would be profitable.
Jimmy-DAH-GEEK....<grin>
http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/RTProduct.asp?SKU=VIC-M310&src=froogle&kw=VIC-M310
A picture of the Victor Tin Cat.
had my engine cleaned one time and the mechanic found LIVE mice living in there. they chewed up the head gaskets for bedding. hence why my engine needed cleaning.
|C & E wrote: | | | > My experience after one year of owning a new double wide which we use as a | > cabin is that the mice will run off with scads of bait and hide it in the | > most improbable places. | | | HaHaHa! I recently removed a 275 Gal oil tank | in the basement. We Sawzalled the legs off close to the | floor. These were hollow pipes, open at the top. | | When removed, there were 4 tidy piles of bait on the floor. | The mice had been dutifully carting the stuff all the way down | from the attached garage, thru the crawl space. | | Jim
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 06:47:52 -0500, "Cabinets Galore"

Isn't all but a millimeter or less of the head gasket tightly clamped between two slabs of steel?

wrote: | | >had my engine cleaned one time and the mechanic found LIVE mice living | >in there. | >they chewed up the head gaskets for bedding. | >hence why my engine needed cleaning. | | Isn't all but a millimeter or less of the head gasket tightly clamped | between two slabs of steel?
yes and they still got in there were 4 mice still alive in there | >

IN WHERE? The engine compartment? Inside the cylinders? Inside the head gasket?
Where?
Steve
wrote: | > | | > | >had my engine cleaned one time and the mechanic found LIVE mice | > living | > | >in there. | > | >they chewed up the head gaskets for bedding. | > | >hence why my engine needed cleaning. | > | | > | Isn't all but a millimeter or less of the head gasket tightly clamped | > | between two slabs of steel? | > | > yes | > and they still got in | > there were 4 mice still alive in there | | | IN WHERE? The engine compartment? Inside the cylinders? Inside the head | gasket? | | Where?
in there somewhere mr.hot head ask my mechanic (Larry) he found them in the engine somewhere ask him @ alt.auto.repair
| | Steve | |

Yeah. Right. Mice ate your copper head gaskets, and then you needed to get your engine cleaned.
Where can I get some of whatever you've been smoking?
Steve
wrote: | > | >>had my engine cleaned one time and the mechanic found LIVE mice living | >>in there. | >>they chewed up the head gaskets for bedding. | >>hence why my engine needed cleaning. | | Yeah. Right. Mice ate your copper head gaskets, and then you needed to get | your engine cleaned.
actually I was getting the engine cleaned then found the mice. if you can't talk nicer to me then I will not reply to you any more.
| | Where can I get some of whatever you've been smoking?
down by the docks | | Steve | |

It sounds like we got a deal. I'm going to talk "nicer", and you're never going to say anything as stupid as "The mice ate my head gaskets."
Works for me.
Steve
Ya know, there's a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance can be cured. Teachers and others do it on a daily basis. Stupidity is forever, and when you designate a comment as being a stupid one, you are clearly not trying to talk nicely. I think CABSGAL HAS BEEN FOREWARNED
Ooops, was my capslock on? Well, silly me. I'll try to remember to be more careful next time, especially when reminding someone that makes such an **ignorant** comment as was made about not being able to check on sludge status of a septic tank other than by having it pumped.

As a former exterminator I would recommend using traps with expanded triggers. or standard triggers setting with cotton soaked in peanut butter and setting along a wall with the trigger side facing the wall. I have two wind up traps the have a tunnel through them and you place it against the wall. As they go through it throws them in a chamber for drowning in a five gallon pail later or just let them starve to death . If that sounds cruel wait till they chew a electric cord and burn your house down. It will hold about 15 mice. They are nice because you can leave them in the garage basement armed year round and they wont hurt your pets . kids and leave no poison in the environment. Dead mice do stink when dead depending on the area. Do not wash the trap as the smell will attract others as a safe haven. FYI Mice can enter through a 1/4 " hole most likely a gas pipe or along the sill plate

*** the former exterminator speaks the truth, naturally. finding all the holes is tough, unless you have enough of them to follow a steady trail of droppings. in my house they use the pipes and dishwasher hose under my kitchen sink as bridges, which means they largely avoid the traps. i did learn in Philadelphia to use steel wool to plug any holes you can find. tried it here and, amazingly, it's apparently a universal that mice cannot tolerate chewing through steel wool (here i thought they taught them that in the public schools back east).
again, that only works if you can find the holes.
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com wrote:

They, and other critters, are looking for food, water, shelter. A cardboard box of old clothes is a mouse mansion. :o) A bowl of dog food is enough to feed the colony. Mousetrap with peanut butter should get the occasional intruder. If you have had more snow than usual, they may just have gotten in out of desperation. Come spring, look for little gaps in exterior that they might squeeze through.
i use snakes, get a few pythons and let em go in the basement!