Getting plaster off concrete

My house was decorated in the 1970's and had a plaster applied around a stove to look like bricks. I removed the stove and needed to get rid of the faux brick. The drywall was easy because I just replaced it. I tried chiselling the plaster off the concrete floor. After several evenings of strong arms I searched the Internet. Lots of people recommended muriatic acid or vinegar. One chemist recommended baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in a water solution. I tried that because he explained the chemical reaction with the sulfur and sodium. It worked. I let the baking soda solution soak about a half hour and a putty knife took it off easily. Thank you chemist.
In typed:

I never had this situation, but I would not have guessed that a baking soda and water solution would work. I would have guess something acidic. Interesting. I am surprised that baking soda and water worked, but fro what you wrote, I guess it did.
Oren posted for all of us...

His stomach feels much better after the bicarb.
--
Tekkie