Getting a motor out of storage?

I put a generator in storage (5hp Kawasaki) by putting oil in the cylinder per the instructions.
When I want to use it again what do I have to do? The instructions don't go into that. Do I have to get the oil out of the cylinder, or will it just be pushed out when I try to start it? Will the spark plug be okay, or do I have to replace it?

We assume Kawasaki instructions were to put a couple of spoonfuls of oil into the cylinder. If the spark plug is clean and bright (and correctly gapped) this unit ought to start without trouble.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

related to ml) and a spray came shooting out when I rotated the engine with the plug out. Hopefully that is just a mess rather than a problem.
Toller wrote:

A "cc" (cubic centimeter) IS a "ml" (milliliter).
Remember the adage: "A pint's a pound the world around."

Which is easy to remember, but not actually true.
Toller wrote:

Most people just remove the spark plug and rotate the engine a few times to get the oil out of the way, then reinstall plug and start normally. A small amount of blue smoke is normal from the last of the oil burning off but won't persist more than a minute or so. If you leave the plug in and start it, it may sputter briefly until the oil burns off, which is OK too. I prefer not to take a chance on fouling the plug because the next use may be an emergency and you'd want to take off running. HTH
Joe