GE Triton dishwasher leaks only when full.

The dishwasher leaks under the door a couple inches right of center. I've previously replaced the door gasket, which eliminated the problem for a few months but it's started again.

When empty, I added Tang and ran a full cycle. It didn't leak. But when it's loaded with dishes, it leaks (I added dishes and ran it with soap). This doesn't make sense. Any ideas?

Reply to
Ray

I had a GE that leaked similar to that. I could not find any reason for the leak and it did it much worse when there were no dishes in the machine. Because it was worse with no dishes I theorized that the water was getting out thru the vent near the top of the door from "too much splash and spray". Took the inside panel off and discovered that the vent had some kind of diverter shield or something that was no longer positioned correctly and was allowing water that got squirted/splashed into the vent to leak down the inside of the door and of course, out the bottom, looking for all the world like it was leaking from the bottom seal. The diverter also looked like even when properly positioned there was a good chance it would still let some water pass. As I recall I put the diverter/shield back in position and then also sealed it where it attached to the door itself to make sure no water could escape to where it wasn't supposed to go.

Icky side note... This was in a rental house and when I took the panel off I discovered that the inside of the door behind the panel was chocked full of dead cockroaches.

Reply to
>>>Ashton Crusher

Interesting. Different problem, but I'll check it out. Thanks.

Reply to
Ray