GE stove

Occasionally, my GE electric range (slide in, smooth top) will just stop working (oven, not top burners) and the clock on the electronic control will reset. This is very inconsistent, may go for weeks and not happen. I can turn the oven back on and it will be OK.
The stove is about 7 years old.
Any ideas on what could cause this??

Just the stove? Could an intermittent power failure cause the electronics to stop until reset? It that was the case you'd probably have other digital equipment blinking, but sometimes our house will be dropped on only one leg and the rest stays on.