GE refrigerator settings

I have an old GE refrigerator that I can't figure out the settings for. The freezer dial goes from A-E, the fridge from 1-9. Which way is colder, and which way is warmer? Thanks.

Reply to
Dean

On my old GE, E & 9 are the coldest settings.... I keep mine set at C &

5.... Your welcome.
Reply to
R Mahone

This is Turtle.

When in dought as to colder or hotter. Put controls at mid scale on all thermostats and 99% of all refrigerator will maintain the proper temperature for the freezer and refrigerator. If it is 1 to 10 put it on

5 --- if it is A to E put it on C . This will put it right for you to have time to figure it out.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Gee if in dought ,, Experiment with a thermometer, Dumb is dumb.......

Reply to
m Ransley

Hi,

Usually lower is warmer and higher is colder. 1 is warmest and 9 is coldest. A is warmest and E is coldest.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff