GE dryer question

Have a GE electric dryer that's around 15 years old. The wife has been claiming for the past couple of years it takes too long to dry a load of laundry. I've cleaned it out and stood at the side of the house where it blows out and swear it's got a good draft coming out. If you take the clothes out of the tumbler immediately they seem pretty hot to me.
My question is can the filament be partly bad? Are there more than one? What would be the best way to troubleshoot it myself? Thanks
--
"The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course." --
Billy Graham

15 years on a electrical element. Sure was a good one. Yes it is possible for the element to be partially bad ~5% of the time. Time to measure the current draw on the appliance on high heat and a drum full of wet clothes. If you measure close to name plate then there might be an obstruction some where you have not found.
15 years old, might be time for a new dryer.
badgolferman writes:

$15 will tell, and impress wifey, and get you a new toy:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberB397
Richard J Kinch, 9/27/2005, 3:45:24 PM,

I can borrow one of these from work. What type of current draw would I be looking for? If it's not blowing breakers is it really bad?
--
"The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course." --
Billy Graham
badgolferman writes:

Check the data plate for watts. P = IV.
wrote in message
wrote:

try using it on a different cycle. like instead of putting it on "high heat - timed dry" try switching to "permanant press - more dry". It might keep working another year or 2. Did you clean it inside? Take the top off and look at all the crap in there. Mine worked way better after I cleaned it out when I had it apart to replace the belt.
Might be not enough current, that's the problem. Look for a name plate with the current rating.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

If it's a stackable unit, take the inside cover off the door, and I bet you discover about 5 or 6 pounds of accumulated lint inside. Clean it out and reassemble.