GE Dishwasher Drains During Wash Cycle

Hello,
I have a 10 yr. old GE Dishwasher, model GSD500T-64WA, that has started gradually draining water to the disposal during the wash cycle. Based on info from USENET & http://www.applianceaid.com /, I checked the drain solenoid. The solenoid remains upright during the wash and retracts during the draining, so I do not believe this part is at fault. I'm afraid that the pump/motor assembly may need to be replaced due to failure of the interal drain valve.
Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er? The motor seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the clamps is situated behind the motor. If all else fails, I can always call the repairman, but I'd like to give it a shot. Any feedback greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
machXS1
There is something caught in the drain valve preventing it from fully closing or the valve is no good.

Update: I was able to remove the pump/motor assembly. The drain valve gasket/seal is shot, hence the constant leak during the was cycle. Going to replace the entire assembly. Thanks for your comments.
machXS1
Thankx for the update!! If you get a chance let us know how the repair goes :)
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WD26X10013&brand=GEH Motor and pump assy. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
The new motor came in yesterday from P/C Appliance Repair and the install went well. I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared to the old one, but the water noise is still loud :(. Well, thanks again!
machXS1
machXS1 wrote:

Hi,
:)