GE Commerical Washer.. need special screwdriver

Had a coin-op washer in one of my apartment building freeze, causing an internal leak (it has been a wicked winter). Would like to replace the part that was ice damaged (washer is fine otherwise), but I can't get into where the leak is. The screws that secure the covers are a strange, torx like fastener, except it has a nipple in the middle of the divet. I guess these are some sort of security screw to keep yahoos from stealing parts (like the change box) on the machine. What is this special screwdriver called and where do I get one?
...a very frustrated landlord..
Matt
"Torx security"? "Security Torx"? I have a set of all kinds of "security bits" (including the ones you described) that I got at MicroCenter, but I am trying to recall where I saw some again recently -- Sears? Wal-Mart? Menards (mid-West hardware store chain)? Lowes?
MB
On 02/19/04 10:32 pm Matt Mason put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

The obvious NAPA, SNAP-ON, MAC-TOOLS, most hardware stores.
--
kjpro

Lowes has them, in Bocsh brand.

Iffen you can't find them at generic hardware stores, try an industrial fastener (nuts, bolts, screws and similar hardware) store or a store that caters to tools for contractors.
That's where I got mine (Ottawa Fastener Supply does both fasteners and tools ;-).
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
You can get them at Autozone, I got a set there and I just call them torx security. they are bits that fit into a bitholder so if you do not have one you may want to pick one of those up also. the set is 15 dollars approximately. nataS

Hi,
Torx security driver....usually a T 15, T20 and T25 size are very common sizes....even most GE depots should also have them, that is where I got my set for the commercial laundry products.
http://www.hudsonfasteners.com/security.htm http://www.wihatools.com/716_IPR_serie.htm http://www.chuckstools.com/sdbitsets.htm