Gasoline in Home Heating Oil - Bad?

You mean gelling, from "to gel", not a derivative of "Jello" (which is a brand name).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

I'm glat there is a spell Czech person out their. It wood be boring on the Usened if we all ignoard spelling airs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's a shame, that you know so little about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Oh, hey, who was that person you said we don't believe in? You mean the guy who the church is named after? You may have some gaps in your wisdom.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mormons are conservative, are they not? I mean, you don't drink anything good or fun for crying out loud. That's pretty danged conservative... Then again that whole multiple-wives thing some Mormons do is pretty liberal...

Being conservative, I would expect you to have a similar attitude about poor spelling and grammar. After all, everyone in America should speak English, right? If they should speak it, they should speak it correctly. If they speak it correctly they should also write it correctly.

Spelling and grammar errors show a lack of personal responsibility. Personal responsibility is one of the cornerstones of conservatism.

Oh, but I forgot. Conservatives are only conservative until it affects them. If their kid ends up going through a windshield because they weren't wearing a seatbelt, then "There Oughtta Be A Law Against That (tm)." If they're called on to be responsible for themselves, they're the first to cry "It's Someone Else's Fault(tm)."

Scream bloody murder when a black guy says "aks" instead of "ask," or a Hispanic speaks spanish to his kid in public, but cry foul when their poor spelling skills are mentioned. True American Conservatism.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Mormons are conservative, are they not? I mean, you don't drink anything good or fun for crying out loud. That's pretty danged conservative...

CY: The church does't have any official political position. I've met both conservatives and liberals at church. Most of the LDS folks I know are constitutionalists. We liked the USA a bit better, a few generations ago.

Then again that whole multiple-wives thing some Mormons do is pretty liberal...

CY: Well, that was 100 years ago.

Being conservative, I would expect you to have a similar attitude about poor spelling and grammar. After all, everyone in America should speak English, right? If they should speak it, they should speak it correctly. If they speak it correctly they should also write it correctly.

CY: I don't know many Americans who speak English. Certainly, if you bring over an English gentleman, you'd be told that you and I are not speaking English.

Spelling and grammar errors show a lack of personal responsibility. Personal responsibility is one of the cornerstones of conservatism.

CY: Never looked at it that way.

Oh, but I forgot. Conservatives are only conservative until it affects them. If their kid ends up going through a windshield because they weren't wearing a seatbelt, then "There Oughtta Be A Law Against That (tm)." If they're called on to be responsible for themselves, they're the first to cry "It's Someone Else's Fault(tm)."

CY: I can't agree with that.

Scream bloody murder when a black guy says "aks" instead of "ask," or a Hispanic speaks spanish to his kid in public, but cry foul when their poor spelling skills are mentioned. True American Conservatism.

CY: I'm not sure who you are referencing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon