Gas stoves with pilot lights

Page 2 of 2

theres a flame height adjustment screw, tighten it gently and the pilot will go out.
I did that on our old stove it had 2 pilots I turned off one.
pilot lights on stoves can be a fire hazard, had realtive who forgot kitchen clean up wrag on stove, had pretty bad fire.
there new stove was pilotless

The answer is to have a valve to turn on and off the pilot on the front panel next to the one that controls the flame.
Starting dinner? Turn on the burner, light with Bic or similar, open the pilot valve and back-light the pilot automatically. Now turn on and off your burners as required.
Dinner all over? Turn off the pilot valves. Best of both worlds.
There's a reason all commercial ranges have pilot lights.
Leave pilot offg permanetely if you want.
Open valve slightly a IMMEDIATELY light with fireplace lighter or whatever.
Dont turn burner off till your completely done cooking. Burner off means gas is off/
Just think of how you use a gas grill:)