Gas Stove F-3 error code

My sister has a Magic Chef gas stove and has a F-3 error code displayed. I think lightning ran in the house because she had a tv and cordless phones zapped at same time the stoved displayed the error code. I did a Google search and it said "defective oven temperature sensor", Anyone know where the sensor is located and is it easy to replace. I checked the oven and did not see it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
William

I'm not a pro and I don't work on Magic Chef at all, or any electronic oven.

But... Whenever there is a code, one should think not defective in-this-case-sensor, but defective sensor circuit.

People in the auto lists often don't notice the warning that almost every code refers to a circuit, not a particular part in the circuit.

Now the parts in this circuit are the sensor, two wires, and some part of the circuit board, including an IC. Given that it is lightening, my amateur opinion is that you won't be able to test, find, or replace the IC so you will have to replace the circuit board, i.e. the control board. it is more likely to be the circuit board.

Years ago, I had a friend who had lightning strike nearby and she lost

2 electronic telephnoes, the refrigerator I think, and a fancy microwave. iIRC the display didn't display, and I bought the board and saved some money over buying new (although I probably could have bought used.) I really had no use for the thing, becuase I still had an Amana model 2, and was lucky that my sister-in-law wanted it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I don't know if homeowners insurance covers this or not, or if you should make a claim if it does. And I keep thinking microwave, but this is a whole stove.

Reply to
mm