Gas-powered wheel barrow

At $1,300, I'll wait for a used one on Craigslist.
Still...
http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_14102_567909_1341874_-1#
On 1/20/2011 6:51 AM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_14102_567909_1341874_-1 #
I just bought a Jeep wheel barrow, but the left the motor out. Who knew!
Jeff

We saw lots of these in the lake region around the italian swiss border. The roads all run along the lakes and the houses are often some distance up the moutains on zig zagging paths that are not wide enough to drive on. If you have anything to get to your house you need to move it over hundreds of feet of path that is all up.

No kidding! It's got a 6.5 hp engine, hydraulic tranny, but no dump ram? What kinda cockamamie outfit is this?
nb

i've seen them with dump ability. not always what everyone needs.

....or wait for the $89.95 version from HF.
nb
On 1/20/2011 5:51 AM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_14102_567909_1341874_-1 #
Now we just need a gas powered shovel to fill it.
LdB

Look for it at your tool rental store.
Joe
On 1/20/2011 6:51 AM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_14102_567909_1341874_-1 #
I remember seeing early versions of those in Popular Science magazines from the 1950s, when the Great Building Boom was going on. No concrete pumpers in those days, so any pours too far from the mixer truck had to be moved by hand. A couple of those could probably replace a conga line of 4-5 guys with manual wheelbarrows. (Anybody can handle a barrow or two, but after 3 or 4, you are down to the hardcase laborers. Wet concrete is heavy.)
--
aem sends...

hauling things out in fields. Honda doesn't make them anymore due to an earthquake at the factory. There are still some made though: > http://tinyurl.com/5w5ehtq One looks like it is self loading.