Gas lawn mowers cause mental illness

Gas lawn mowers cause mental illness.

Everytime I have to clean out something from under my mower deck, or something gets stuck and I have to go near the blade, I know it's important to remove the spark plug wire for safety.

Everytime I finish under the deck, my mower will not start. It never fails. I cant finish the lawn, I get angry, I take it out on another family member or the dog, and cuss at least all sever forbidden words. Then I call my psychiatrist who prescribes some valium, which I get from the pharmacy, take more than prescribed, and get drunk to calm down.

The next day, or a few days later when I recover from my hangover I walk past my mower and notice someone pulled the spark plug wire off my mower. Some dumb asshole had the nerve to pull......... OOPS...... Oops, I did it again...... For the 9,999th time, I forgot to put the spark plug wire back on the plug after I cleaned the deck...... DAMNIT and DAMNIT AGAIN !!!!

~pod (tildepod)

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~

Reply to
tildepod

Hi, If you lay the mower on it's side when cleaning make sure to prevent fuel flooding does not ocur. I flip my John Deere mower with fuel tank close to ground. If it's the other way around, It needs several pulls w/o choke with throttle wide open to get rid of excess fuel in the line. Usually mine start with 2-3 pulls all the time every time.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

snipped-for-privacy@takeaguess.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're already mental.

Reply to
Stephen King

| my mower. Some dumb asshole had the nerve to pull......... OOPS...... | Oops, I did it again...... For the 9,999th time, I forgot to put the | spark plug wire back on the plug after I cleaned the deck...... | DAMNIT and DAMNIT AGAIN !!!!

Guilty as charged!

Reply to
Calab

i have 2 mowers, 2 dryers, 2 washing machines. 2 vans, when one breaks i just use the other, much less stressful....

Reply to
hallerb

Chuckle. I don't have the space or cashflow to have backups for , but where I can pull it off, I have long been a believer in that approach. Vehicles especially. When one craps out, drive the other, until you can repair it, or (this year) replace the other.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

you dont have to spend lots of bucks........

my one mower is at least 7 years old, the other backup one i have had

3 or 4 , bought for 35 bucks from a flea market.

I fix machines for a living, when the customer calls I MUST JUMP and fix it instantly.... I even carry a loaner for emergencies

when my stuff breaks i prefer to take my time.....

Reply to
hallerb

No need to pull the SP wire in the first place, unless you're changing the plug itself. If that's the case you put the wire right back on. To clean the deck, you turn the mower on its side with the muffler side up. There's saftey mechanisms in place to prevent accidental starting.

Get a grip...

Reply to
in2-dadark