Gas Furnace Pilot

Popular topic, but my problem is a little different. My furnace works, but the pilot appears to be going on and off five times or so before it catches, at least I assume it's the pilot. I hear a click about every 3 or 4 seconds. Normally it catches on the first click. Is it the pilot. The furnace is a 13 year old Heil unit.
try cleaning the pilot, like cleaning the orifice or blowing air thru it.
the most common failure is a bad thermocouple, cheap its best to try replacing it first. this is for the original poster
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Are you sure you have a pilot light? It sounds like you have spark ignition. It would be normal to hear one or more clicks with a spark ignition .
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On 19 Mar 2006 17:39:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: