Gas fireplaces

How often should they be serviced and can this be done without expert.
THanks
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

With gas, if you have to ask, then don't mess with it. As for the maintenance interval, there generally isn't much maintenance needed on gas appliances, but your best bet is to check with the manufacturer of your particular unit.
--John

I've never had to do anything to mine in the past 10 years.
Cheri
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 21:00:42 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I havn't serviced mine at all. Clean the glass once in awhile with a non-abrasive cleaner. Working fine for 18 years.
Phisherman wrote:

Minie neither. Just cleaned glass when it ets cloudy, about once a year.
On Sep 27, 11:00pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

When it doesnt work, service it. The only concern is a blocked chimney, A Digital Co-Ng leak detector is what I would have in the same room.
Are you talking about an open one or one with a glass front.

It is one with Glass Front doors.

.
http://www.home-wizard.com/maintenance/gasfireplace.asp
On Sep 28, 12:00am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I don't know my model number but information i read on line recommends year ???,
http://www.home-wizard.com/maintenance/gasfireplace.asp
Thanks